Lailatul Qadr night implies the night of power and pride. Qadr means honor and nobility. Because This is the night in which the first Divine Revelation went to the Prophet(SAW), when he was in prayer to God in the cave of Hira. Since this Lailatul Qadr night appreciates the honor of having the first disclosure conveyed to the Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam,it has been named as “Lailatul Qadr”.
Lailatul Qadr night (27th of Ramadan), the Holy Quran sent down from LOH-E-MEHFOOZ (the Preserved Tablet) to the earth. Delegate of ALLAH (Blessings of Allah and peace be on him) instructed us to look for Lailatul Qadr night in the odd numbered evenings, in the most recent ten days of Ramzan. Along these lines, the 21st, 23rd, 25th, 27th or 29th night of Ramadan could be Lailatul Qadr night.
Lailatul Qadr night had officially opened its entryways of fortunes when the blessed messenger interestingly had accompany the Divine Message in the cave of Hira, yet its favorability has kept on being with us for all time. So, Every year in the month of Ramadan, this night is given to the Ummah.
The Holy Prophet(SAW) said:
“The person who offered prayers to Allah in the night of Dignity with faith and with hope of reward from Allah, all his past sins have been forgiven.” (Bukhaari)
Hazrat Aa’ishah(RA) narrates that the Messenger of Allah(SAW) said:
‘Seek the night of Dignity in the odd nights of the last ten days of Ramadhan’.(Bukhaari).
Special Dua for Lailtul Qadar:
ALLAH HUMMA INNAKA A’FUVUN TOHIB BUL AFVA FA’AFU ANNI” (Tirmidhi)
“O Allah! You are the Forgiver and You like forgiving so forgive me.”
- In the 21st Lailatul Qadr night, recite Surah QADR 21 times. Effective for forgiveness of sins.
- In the 23rd Lailatul Qadr night, recite Surah YAASEEN once and Surah RAHMAAN once. Allah Willing (Insha’Allah), Allah will forgive whoever performs this prayer.
- In the 25th Lailatul Qadr night, Recite Surah Dukhan. Allah Willing they will be granted freedom from the punishment of grave.) and Recite Surah Fath seven times. Beneficial for the fulfillment of desires and wishes.
- In the 27th Lailatul Qadr night, recite Surah Mulk 7 times. It is good for freeing from punishment.
- In the 29th Lailatul Qadr night,Recite Surah WAAQIAH seven times. Beneficial for increase in Rizq.
In Ramadan, it is good to recite Surah QADR seven times after taraweeh for the protection of all the troubles and sins.
Lailatul Qadr night is a great night and it gives great benefits of praying “Salat-Ul-Tasbih” prayer.