Verses of Holy Quran on forgiveness:
We often hear that our mothers are too humble and kind to us and they forgive all our faults and mistakes. Whatever the child does whether he/she is right or wrong but the mother in almost all cases tries to forgive him/her.But have you ever thought that Allah Almighty is most forgiving and many many more times kind to us(seventy times more than a mother). Allah always forgives the faithful person who does sins but quickly repents and seeks forgiveness from Allah the merciful of all the most beneficent the forgiver. Below is a list of few selected verses from the AlQuran about forgiveness.
Quranic Verses on Forgiveness:
1) “And O my people! Ask forgiveness of your Lord and then repent to Him, He will send you (from the sky) abundant rain, and add strength to your strength, so do not turn away as Mujrimoon (criminals, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah).”[Hood 11:52]
People who remember Allah
2) “And the men and the women who remember Allaah much with their hearts and tongues. Allaah has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise).” [al’Ahzaab 33:35]
Another Verse about poor.
3) “And let not those among you who are blessed with graces and wealth swear not to give (any sort of help) to their kinsmen, Al-Masakin (the poor), and those who left their homes for Allah’s Cause. Let them pardon and forgive. Do you not love that Allah should forgive you? And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [An’Nur24:22]
4) “And obey Allah and the Messenger (Muhammad P.B.U.H) that you may obtain mercy. And march forth in the way (which leads to) forgiveness from your Lord, and for Paradise as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for Al-Muttaqun.” [Al’Imran3:132,133]
Always hope for forgiveness.
5) “Hold to forgiveness, command what is right, and turn away from the ignorant.” [ Al-‘Araf 7: 199]
Allah is great and powerful.
6) “Whether you (mankind) disclose (by good words of thanks) a good deed (done to you in the form of a favour by someone), or conceal it, or pardon an evil, … verily, Allah is Ever Oft-Pardoning, All-Powerful.”[Al’Nisa 4:149]
This is a brief description on forgiveness related Quranic verses but if we read Quran and Hadith, we come to know that they are full of teaching regarding forgiveness and Allah has also promised to give lot of rewards for a person who forgives his brother’s mistakes and faults.