EFFECTIVE DATE: May 25, 2018
Who we are
AlQuranClasses ℅ Generations Inc
7221 Lulworth court, Mississauga,
l5n7x2, Ontario, Canada
Information we collect from our customers
To offer The Services, we need to collect information from our customers. Here is a summary of the information that we collect from our customers and what we do with it.
- We collect your name, email address, and IP address. We need this information to provide you with our Services, for example, to confirm your identity and contact you.
- You may voluntarily provide additional information related to the registered account. We collect data about the AlQuranClasses-hosted web pages that you visit. We also collect data about how and when you access your account to give you access and at the same time improve our Services.
- When you voluntarily share personal information with us in the course of offering your course and using our services, we store that Personal Information.
- When transactions between you and our website third party payment processor involve payment by credit card, debit card, checks, money orders, and/or third party online payment services, we will collect information related to the transaction as part of the course of doing business with you, including billing address, telephone number, and other information related to the transaction.
- When you share personal information about your customers (“learners”), we store that information for you so that you can process enrollments and better serve your customers.
This information is collected when you sign up for our Services when you access our Service or otherwise provide us with the information. In some circumstances, when you have given us express permission, we will also use and store your personal information.
Information from our students/subscribers (“learners”)
To provide you with our product and services, we store information about your students so that you can administer your course(s). Here are some more details on what information we collect and why.
- We collect the name, email, and any other personal information from your customers. Name and email are needed to allow individuals to access our Services for processes such as processing enrolments, authentication, or otherwise administering the online course. This information is given on a voluntary basis when a customer uses or accesses our Services, for example when a customer visits an AlQuranClasses site, enrolls in a course, or signs up for an account on an AlQuranClasses site.
- As a student progresses through your course(s), we collect information about how they interact with the course, including but not limited to, the progress through the course, quiz scores, survey results, discussion or forum contributions and other student activities.
- We may collect additional information about our learners in the course of administering course.
- While we technically process this information via the AlQuranClasses to administer The Services, you can access and remove this information at any point. We do not obtain this information unless requested by an AlQuranClasses customer.
- Some transactions between learners and our website or our courses or school may involve payment by credit card, debit card, checks, money orders, and third-party online payment services. In such transactions, we will collect information related to the transaction as part of the course of doing business with you, including a billing address, telephone number, and other information related to the transaction.
Information from AlQuranClasses website visitors and support users
- We collect information from visitors to the AlQuranClasses website and your IP address. We also receive information such as when you visited, the website from where you came before visiting us, the website where you go when you leave our website, your computer’s operating system, location data, and the type of web browser that you are using.
- We also collect Personal Information submitted by you via any messaging or email feature available from any of our websites.
- We may also receive Personal Information when you submit help tickets or make other requests to AlQuranClasses via any of our websites.
- From telephone support users, we collect your name and phone number.
- From support users (people who email us for support), we collect your name, email address, location, AlQuranClasses site address, and email conversation with an AlQuranClasses agent.
- From forum and discussion users, we collect your name.
- We use this information to provide and enhance our Services (including servicing your account, if applicable), and answer any questions you may have.
We collect this information when you visit AlQuranClasses-hosted web pages, use Services offered on our websites or engage with us either by email, web form, instant message, phone, or post content on or through our websites (including forums, blogs and via any Messaging Feature). We also collect any additional information that you might provide to us.
Information we receive from others
In addition to the information you provide us directly, we receive information about you from others, including:
- Other Users
- Other users may provide information about you as they use our services. For instance, we may collect information about you from other users if they contact us about you.
- We may receive info about you from our partners, for instance when AlQuranClasses accounts can be created through a partner’s websites (in which case they pass along registration information to us) or where AlQuranClasses ads are published on a partner’s websites and platforms (in which case they may pass along details on a campaign’s success).
Cookies and other similar data collection technologies
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome) have a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature that tells a website that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. If a website that responds to a DNT signal receives a DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option, and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many businesses, including AlQuranClasses, do not currently respond to DNT signals.
Terminating your relationship with us
- We will continue to store archived copies of your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law.
- We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, to improve our Services.
How we use the information
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your info to help keep you safe and to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons we use your information, together with practical examples.
What we don’t do with your Personal Information
- We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies other than the marketing of our products or services.
Keeping your personal information secure
- We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other Personal Information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes, and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
- We exclusively process payments through PCI DSS Level 1 payment providers, which is the highest level of compliance available.
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information.
Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
AlQuranClasses works with users around the world, including in the EEA. Please note that as part of our service, we may transfer your personal information to other regions, including to Canada and the United States.
Additionally, if you are located in the EEA, you have individual rights under European law concerning your data, including the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your data. To exercise these rights, please reach out to us using the contact information below.
How do we protect your information across borders?
AlQuranClasses ℅ ITGenerations Inc. is a Canadian company; we provide services to customers and our technology processes data from users around the world. Accordingly, AlQuranClasses ℅ ITGenerations may transmit your personal information outside of the country, state, or province in which you are located. If you are located in the EEA or Switzerland and believe that your Personal Information has been used in a manner that is not consistent with the relevant privacy policies listed above, please contact us using the information below.
Usernames and Passwords
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping the username and password confidential.
Do not give your password to anyone. If you enter a section of our website that requires a password, you should log out when you leave. As a safety precaution, you should also close out of your web browser completely and re-open it before viewing other parts of the Internet.
Accessing and Correcting your Information
If you have a customer account with us, you can review and change your personal information by logging into the website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email here to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you are a learner/student and would like to access, change, or delete your personal information, please contact the course provider that you interacted with directly. We act as a processor on their behalf and can only forward the request to the course provider.
We may use autoresponders to communicate with you by email. To protect your privacy, we use a verified opt-in system for such communications and you can always opt-out of such communications using the links contained in each autoresponder message. If you have difficulties opting out, you may contact us by sending an email to here or sending us the mail to the address listed below.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not entirely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website, including the illegal acts of third parties (such as criminal hacking).
If you are concerned about the topic covered by this policy, you should read it each time before you use our website. Any questions or concerns about this policy should be brought to our attention by sending an email to here, or one of the methods provided under Contact Information, and providing us with information relating to your concern.
How we share information
- You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is stuff that you’re comfortable being publically viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it.
- We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations.
- We may also share information with partners who distribute and assist us in advertising our services. For instance, we may share limited information on you in hashed, non-human readable form to advertising partners.
- We follow a strict vetting process before engaging any service provider or working with any partner. All of our service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
- We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
- When required by law
- We may disclose your information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
- To enforce legal rights
- We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
- With your consent or at your request
- We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the news.
Cross-border data transfer
Sharing of information laid out in above section sometimes involves cross-border data transfers, for instance to Canada and other jurisdictions. As an example, where the service allows for users to be located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), their personal information is transferred to countries outside of the EEA.
We use standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission or other suitable safeguards to permit data transfers from the EEA to other countries. Standard contractual clauses are commitments between companies transferring personal data, binding them to protect the privacy and security of your data.
We want you to be aware of your privacy rights. Here are a few key points to remember:
Reviewing your information. Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal information we keep about you (depending on the jurisdiction, this may be called right of access, the right of portability or variations of those terms). You can request a copy of your personal information by putting in such a request here.
Updating your information. If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are no longer entitled to use it and want to request its rectification, deletion or object to its processing, please contact us here.
For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests.
Keep in mind; we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user. If you wish to receive information relating to another user, such as a copy of any messages you received from him or her through our service, the other user will have to contact our Privacy Officer to provide their written consent before the information is released.
Also, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore. For instance, we cannot provide our service if we do not have your date of birth.
Residents Of Ontario
If you are an Ontario resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information about you that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year.
To request this notice, please submit your request here. Please allow 30 days for a response. For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer such a request.
How we protect your information
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. As with all technology companies, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage, and processing practices to update our physical, technical and organizational security measures.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately here.
How long we retain your information
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes (as laid out in and as permitted by applicable law).
In practice, we delete or anonymize your information upon deletion of your account or after two years of continuous inactivity, unless:
- we must keep it to comply with applicable law;
- we must keep it to evidence our compliance with applicable law;
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- The information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behavior or security incidents from opening a new account.
Keep in mind that even though our systems are designed to carry out data deletion processes according to the above guidelines, we cannot promise that all data will be deleted within a specific time frame due to technical constraints
How to contact us
If you live in the European Union:
AlQuranClasses ℅ Generations Inc.
7221 Lulworth court, Mississauga
Ontario, L5N7X2, Canada
Old Policy continue below!———-
of last updated content June 2012.
A Special Note
Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to use the site unsupervised and we ask them not to submit any personal information or content to us without the consent of a guardian. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use this site in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or guardians. We encourage the younger demographic to browse our site, but get the proper consent before doing any official business on AlQuranClasses.
Information We Collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a unique, customized, AlQuranClasses experience. This allows us to provide services and features that are most likely to meet your needs and to customize our service to make your experience safer and easier. We only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
[We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.]
Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
[You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).]
Anyone is free to browse the site and no personal information needs to be given to do so. Once you give us your personal information, you have entered into an agreement with AlQuranClasses. If you choose to use our services, we may require you to provide contact information, billing information, and other information as indicated on the forms throughout the site. Where possible, we try and indicate where compulsory information is required and where it is optional. You do not have to provide information if you do not use our service or feature.
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
[(a) Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including [your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation and [details]]);]
[(b) Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including [details]);]
[(c) Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including [details]);]
[(d) Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including [details]);]
[(e) Any other information that you choose to send to us; and]
[(f) Other information.]
We automatically track certain information based upon client behavior. We do this to inform our subscribers and help improve the site and the client experience. We also use the information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect our client base, and help service their needs.
If you choose to buy or upload and sell on the site, we collect information based on your transactions, buying and selling behavior. We also collect other users’ comments about you in our feedback area. Some will be made available to the general public, others will remain our sole property, and not used for publication.
If you establish a credit account with us to pay the fees we charge, we collect some additional information such as credit card number and expiry date.
If you choose to post messages or leave feedback for other users, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support to the best of our ability.
If you choose to list an item for downloading from the Site or open a credit account, or otherwise provide us with your financial information, we will use your information to try and provide additional support.
Once you are a registered user, you have agreed that we may use personal information about you to improve our promotional efforts and product brand. We also use this information in order to improve our content offerings, and customize the site’s content, layout, and services. These uses improve the site and better tailor it to meet your needs so as to provide you with a pleasurable and safe experience while using AlQuranClasses ℅ ITGenerations Inc.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
(a) The payment of a fee (currently fixed at $50.00); and
(b) The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity [(for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)].
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We as a matter of company policy are prohibited from disclosing any of your information to any third parties not part of the AlQuranClasses service. We do gather data and compile information and disclose general information, but never disclose specific information for any user.
AlQuranClasses will cooperate with law enforcement inquiries as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights, to help protect you and the AlQuranClasses community. Therefore, in response to the request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we must comply.
Your Use of Other User’s Information
In order to facilitate interaction among all AlQuranClasses community members, our site allows you limited access to other users’ contact information. As a seller, you have access to the User ID and e-mail of the buyer. As a buyer, you have access to the User ID, e-mail address and other contact information of the seller.
Control Your Password
Upon your request, we will deactivate your account so as to stop any further misuse of your account information.
Your information is stored on AlQuranClasses ℅ ITGenerations Inc. servers. We use safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access to personal information or content.
It is our goal to make our privacy practices easy to understand. We hope that we have adequately explained where we stand on privacy and disclosure. We want to make using AlQuranClasses ℅ ITGenerations Inc. an enjoyable and safe experience for all concerned.