Devil, Iblis or sometimes referred to as Shaitan (Arabic word referring to evil devil-like beings). According to the Quran, God created Iblis out of “smokeless fire” like jinn. According to the verses of the Quran, the Shaytan’s mission until the Resurrection Day is to deceive mankind. On the Dooms day , he will be put into the fires of Hell (jahanum) along with those whom he has deceived.
Attacks by shaitan
Shaytan attack mankind in different ways.
- The first and foremost attacks by shaitan is to make man a disbeliever and strengthening the roots of polytheism in mankind. He converts a man into an atheist. Man start believing in the supernatural powers and become a disbeliever of oneness of GOD even the existence of GOD (God forbid).
- The second attacks by Shaitan is evoking the man for the innovation in religion (Islam) . Innovations in Islam are a big sin and it is known as Shirk. If he succeeds in making man a new innovator in Islam that person become away from the right path.
- He then provoke man to make minor sins convincing that these minor sins will not affect his faith and it will not contaminate the heart. But we all know that that faith is like a white cloth. If there are small spots on the white cloth of faith it will definitely become dirty and with this dirty faith and heart human become a friend of Devil and a man of devils army. He will be sent to fire along with his commander the Shetan.
- How clever of him that after making a man a minor sinner he make him prone to major sins. The heart and the cloth of faith of that man is already contaminated by the minor sins and he feel no guilt when he is becoming a man of doing major sins.
- In this way he contaminates the clean heart of Momin to so much extent that he becomes a lazy person. Man has no interest in religion and becomes a miserable man.
God forbid we should always struggle to be not a man of shaytan’s army but a man of God. A man whom God send in this world as HIS deputy . May Allah show us the right path (Ameen).
We come across people who are perfect Muslims i.e. they are Mumins. Then let us look closely to life of that person that what are the tips we can gain from that people that can protect us from the attacks of Shaitan.
- The pious people always seek protection from Allah. They pray to HIM to be not a member of Devil’s army. Allah also taught us a Dua for seeking protection from shaitan
“I seek refuge from Allah from the outcast Satan.”
- Reading Surah an-Naas and al-Falaq , Al-Mu’awwidhatayn. These two surahs are very important for asking refuge from shetain
The Holy Prophet (SAW) said: “Do you not see that there have been Ayat revealed to me tonight the like of which has not been seen before. They are “Say: “I seek refuge with, the Lord of Al-Falaq.” (Surah Al-Falaq 113:1) and “Say: “I seek refuge with the Lord of mankind.”
(Surah An-Naas 114:1))[Muslim]
So dear fellows make a habit of reciting these small but very powerful verses of Quran as the Holy Prohrt (SAW) also used to recite these surahs when He(SAW) used to lie down on bed for sleeping.
- Recite the few starting ayahs of Surah e al- Baqarah, and ayat ul kursi as Our Holy prophet (SAW) has said: whoever recites the first 4 ayats of Surae Baqarah, then Ayatul Kursi and then the last 3 ayats of Surae Baqarah will not be inflicted with any kind of difficulty in his wealth or himself, Shaitaan will not come near him and he will not forget the Qur’an.
- Apart from performing ablution along with prayers, try to be in wazu often.
Hazrat Anas reported that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said, “If good characteristics exist in a person, Allah makes all of his acts good. If a person purifies himself for prayer, he expiates all of his sins and his prayer is considered an extra reward for him.”
(Related by Abu Ya’la, al-Bazzar and at-Tabarani in al-Ausat.)
Surely by ablution the intentions of shaitan to inculcate the minor sins in man will be purified instantly and he will not become a fellow of shaytan.
- Remembering Allah every time will definitely throw the devil away. He will not be able to reach you and attack on you. Make your heart and mind a lover of dhikar of Allah so that all the intentions of devil go in vain.
May Allah protect us from the attacks of shaitan and keep us away from the evil powers of Shaitan. (Ameen)
In the end we would like to request you to pray for all fellow human beings ask Allah for their protection from Shetan. Always remember us in your prayers. May you succeed in all walks of life J:-)